- All subjects at Lake Almanor Christian School are taught with a biblical worldview, but our students are given the opportunity to expand their knowledge of God’s love for them during bi-weekly Chapel with Pastor Terry Johnson.
- Lake Almanor Christian School is the only private school in the area to offer an on-site library. Students spend time with our three librarians every week discovering books tailored to their reading level.
- Students have guided access to our computer lab twice a week, where they practice computer skills tailored to their curriculum.
- Pastor John Erickson has developed a music program for the students of Lake Almanor Christian School. His music program focuses on rhythm and foundational basics that allow all students to worship together.
- Pastor Matt Jenson will be introducing Spanish into our curriculum this year! Curriculum will be individualized by classroom level.
- Students participate in additional weekly enrichment activities such as Home Economics, Arts and Crafts and Gardening!
In Mrs. Barrett's Kindergarten - 2nd Grade Classroom
My goal as your student’s teacher is to help your child reach educational objectives, while instilling a love of learning in a positive and fun classroom environment. Every subject will be taught with a biblical perspective, while using hands-on learning in addition to traditional curriculum.
Bible Lessons- Enjoying God’s Good Gifts (Positive Action)
Reading, Phonics & Spelling- Houghton-Mifflin
Math- Liberty Math (Christian Liberty Press)
Writing- Handwriting Without Tears
Science- Our theme of “God’s Creations” this year will cover a number of topics: Anatomy & Physiology (Elementary Apologia), Geology, and Nutrition!
History- Our Star-Spangled Story (Notgrass History)
I hope to assist your student in becoming a joyful lifelong learner, which starts with plenty of exciting enrichment activities in the classroom! We will have a weekly and monthly schedule of enrichment for your child to look forward to! Students will participate in a bi-weekly chapel service with Pastor Terry Johnson. Weekly, students will have a chance to visit our library upstairs, enjoy music lessons with Pastor John Erickson, begin learning Spanish with Pastor Matt Jenson, play educational games in the Computer Lab and create masterpieces during Arts and Crafts and Home Economics! God has blessed us with our beautiful environment, and we will explore our surroundings on nature walks!
In Mrs. Herrera's 3rd - 8th Grade Classroom
Our Classroom Goals:
• Giving glory to God in all things
• Having a positive mindset for learning
• Being the “I” in KIND
• Good, Better, Best...
Never Let it Rest
Until your good is better
and your better is your BEST!
Bible- We will be studying “God-Man” This study explores the identity and purpose of God’s Son, as revealed through His earthly ministry. By exploring Christ’s work from His pre-existence to His ascension, they’ll learn how to apply spiritual truths to their own life as God shapes them into the image of His Son, Jesus Christ.
Math- We are moving out of Abeka and into Saxon math. It teaches students using a spiral format that consistently reviews older concepts, adding more and more information to concepts they’ve previously encountered.
Science- We're studying Anatomy and Physiology! I’m so excited about this subject, we will have dissections and many other manipulatives for hands on learning! Let’s get to know our body’s and the precise and efficient systems our Creator made in order for us to flourish.
Language Arts- Journeys by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt - A reading program designed to meet the diverse needs of all students by using a balanced literacy approach. Students will progressively learn and develop different skills related to phonemic awareness, phonics, vocabulary, fluency and reading comprehension.
History- America the Beautiful by Charlene Notgrass is a one-year American history, geography, and literature course. It combines the flexibility and richness of a unit study with the simplicity of a textbook- based approach to history. Daily lessons guide students chronologically through American history, highlighting key events, people and places. We will also be working towards our Washington D.C. trip next fall!
Book Report- Book Reports are going to be a little different this year, to ensure each student gets a wide variety of different literature I have compiled a list of the genre of book they will complete each month. As long as it falls in the right category and is at their grade level the book choice is up to them. Mrs. Eckert will be able to help students choose appropriate books during library.
Spelling & Vocabulary- Spocab is another reoccurring assignment that you will see throughout the entire year. It is Spelling and Vocabulary mixed together... creating Spocab! I had an awesome 8th grade teacher who has given me his lesson plan for my favorite lesson he used (Pastor Paul). Each grade level will have different expectations, with the same goal of building their vocabulary and making them excellent spellers. Look through the criteria for this assignment, and make sure your student understands the expectations because this will be a big part of the spelling grade. Every student will turn in this assignment on Friday mornings, before their Spelling test.