Open Enrollment for grades K-8th
LACS will accept children into kindergarten who turn 5 by September 1.
Fall registration usually begins in August, although pre-registration for kindergarten is in the spring for all schools. A child must be age 5 on or before September 1st, to enter kindergarten. (EC Section 48000[a])
The procedure for admission to Lake Almanor Christian School is as follows:
1. Obtain a Student Application Packet from Lake Almanor Christian School. Return the following LACS office:
a. A $50 non-refundable application fee. If the student is accepted, this application fee will be credited toward the registration fee. This is a one time fee for consecutive years of enrollment.
b. A completed application form.
c. A copy of the student’s official birth certificate.
d. Student history
i. All Grades: Standardized test results
ii. All Grades: Other relevant student information (i.e. IEPs, health and/or behavioral issues)
e. For students entering grades 6-8: A student submitted essay titled, “What I think about attending Lake Almanor Christian School.” (This essay should include the student’s expectations, testimony, hopes, fears, long-term, and short-term goals.)
f. Current documented immunizations as required by the CDC.
g. Honor Code agreement (To be reviewed and signed annually)
h. A recent photo of the student.
2. Upon receipt and review of the application packet, LACS will contact the parent and set-up dates for the following:
a. Diagnostic testing day for the student (Results used to determine grade placement)
b. Parent / Student interview (The interview gives parents a chance to ask questions about the program, and LACS the opportunity to get to know the family and student to decide if LACS is a good option for the student, and vice-versa.)
3. If the student is accepted, the following fees are due: (All fees are non-refundable)
a. Registration Fee
i. Grades K-8: $200.00
b. Book Fee
i. Grades K-8: $350.00
c. Tuition (Tuition fees listed are for the academic year)
i. Kindergarten: $3020.00 or $302/mo
ii. Grades 1-6: $3400.00 or $340/mo
iii. Grades 7-8: $3600.00 or $360/mo
4. Multi-family discount per child:
1st Child-full tuition
5. Tuition Assistance- Tuition Assistance applications are available in the school office. Tuition assistance is available for qualifying applicants. LACS uses an outside source (Confidential Financial Analysis-CFA) for processing tuition assistance applications. Fees associated with tuition assistance are paid directly to CFA.
6. Payment Plans- Annual Fees may be broken into 9,10, or 11 month payment plans. All accounts must be paid in full by May 31st of the current school year. In the event of early withdrawal, accounts must be paid in full at the time of withdrawal. See withdrawal notice in the paperwork at the school office.
Nondiscrimination Notice: LACS admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, or national or ethnic origin in the administration of educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship programs, athletic or other school administered programs.